Taylor Primary School is located in Kambah, a suburb of Canberra at the foot of Mount Taylor. It is close to the Kambah Village Shopping Centre and the Tuggeranong Parkway. Taylor Preschool is part of our P-6 school. Taylor Communities@Work Early Childhood Centre is also located on site.
At Taylor we believe that education is an ongoing process in which people acquire knowledge, understanding and skills. Staff, parents and children work together in partnership to develop and foster this process.
The aim of Taylor Primary School is to provide a safe environment that:
- respects the individuality of each child
- promotes learning appropriate to each child's intellectual development
- develops a student's creative and critical abilities
- develops cooperation between teachers, parents and students
- reflects the needs and philosophies of the Taylor community
- Taylor strives at all times to create a warm, friendly and caring environment conducive to the development of:
- a positive self-concept in each child
- teaching/learning of the appropriate skills in literacy and numeracy
- skills and activities that promote a healthy lifestyle
- personal management skills and a respect for other people and their property, both within the school and the wider community
- creative expression and aesthetic appreciation
- critical and logical thinking leading to rational decision making
- high standards of behaviour both in the classroom and on the playground.
In 2017 we have 326 students from Preschool to Year 6 organised into fifteen classes. We also have a Learning Support Class and a Learning Support Unit (Autism). We use mutli-age grouping for our class organisation with composite classes from Year 1-6.